Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lightened up version of garlic potatoes, this recipe is great when time is in short supply or when you don't want to heat up the kitchen by using the oven. They can be served either hot or at room temperature. Source of recipe: Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Everyday Cooking.
- 907.18 g small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 78.07 ml fresh herb, chopped i.e basil, parsley, dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine oil and garlic; let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- While oil and garlic are standing, wash potatoes, prick with fork and arrange in single layer in microwavable dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, at High for 10 to 13 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork, rearranging once.
- Pour over hot cooked potatoes.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Great! We had these potatoes with our steak tonight for dinner. The beauty of this recipe is the easy and quick preparation. I used basil and parsley. The flavors blended well and were very tasty! Prepared as a participant in the January 2010 8th Annual Photo Swap of the Cooking Photo Forum.
These are just too easy to be so delicious! Wonderful tasting potatoes with very little effort....I really loved these! My red potatoes were large, so I quartered them, but it didn't seem to negatively impact the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
Oh yum! And so easy to prepare. We really enjoyed this dish. And it had just the right amount of garlic to suit our taste buds. I am of that generation that learned to cook before microwaves were commonplace in most kitchens, so I do things the "old" way most of the time. But this recipe is a reminder that microwave ovens are more for than just for re-heating leftovers. I will keep this recipe handy because I know I will make it often. Thanks for a "keeper", Dreamer!