Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
A lightened up version of garlic potatoes, this recipe is great when time is in short supply or when you don't want to heat up the kitchen by using the oven. They can be served either hot or at room temperature. Source of recipe: Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Everyday Cooking.
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
Great! We had these potatoes with our steak tonight for dinner. The beauty of this recipe is the easy and quick preparation. I used basil and parsley. The flavors blended well and were very tasty! Prepared as a participant in the January 2010 8th Annual Photo Swap of the Cooking Photo Forum.
- 907.18 g small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 78.07 ml fresh herb, chopped i.e basil, parsley, dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil and garlic; let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- While oil and garlic are standing, wash potatoes, prick with fork and arrange in single layer in microwavable dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, at High for 10 to 13 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork, rearranging once.
- Pour over hot cooked potatoes.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.