Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
from the 1999 taste of home cookbook submitted by luella bogner
- 1 medium apples or 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- .place fruit in small microwave bowl.
- in another bowl, combine dry ingredients and.
- cut in butter till crumbly.
- then sprinkle this over fruit.
- microwave on high 2 1/2 minutes or till tender.I have not yet tried this recipe.
I made this with leftover strawberries. Didn't even have one cup's worth, but that made for more topping. (I would even suggest making double the amount of topping, although the amount suggested was plenty.) I sprinkled some white sugar over the strawberries to help them thicken up. Otherwise just as listed, and got BIG THUMBS UP from me and my 7 year old. Two minutes was just right. A *FAB* way to use leftover strawberries on the verge... and great with some Whipped Cream from the can. Gave this 5 stars FYI as it doesn't seem to let me do stars.
Great and easy! The only thing I changed was using butter rather than margarine as I don't really care for margarine.
Genius! Not quite the same as baked, but a wonderful substitute for when you don't have the time or inclination to bake.