Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice with a sandwich for lunch.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot water, divided
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- In 2-quart casserole combine juice, tomatoes, onion, celery, butter, sugar andd pepper.
- In small bowl mix flour and 1/4 cup hot water until smooth.
- Stir remaining 1 3/4 cups hot water and bouillon granules in 2-cup measure until dissolved.
- Pour broth into casserole.
- Blend in four mixture; cover.
- Microwave at High 10 to 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and mixture is slightly thickened, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Press through wire strainer.
- Garnish with parsley or watercress, if desired.
- Cream of Tomato Soup: Blend 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream into prepared soup before serving.