Recipe by utahmomtotwo
My kids love to have this bread toasted in the morning with honey and cinnamon on top.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lukewarm skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix together flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Pour in milk and stir (batter will be thick). Stir vigorously for 15-20 seconds (batter will become stretchy as you stir). Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let batter rise until double in volume, about 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl dissolve the baking soda in 1 tbsp warm water. Add to batter and stir vigorously until batter is stretchy again. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray. Scrape batter into pan and cover loosely with plastic wrap (spray side that will be covering dough with nonstick spray). Let rise until batter fills the pan two-thirds to three-fourths full, about 35 minutes.
- Microwave on high, uncovered for 4 minutes or until no wet spots remain on top of loaf. Cool in pan 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. When cool slice and toast before serving.
- Note: I have included the rising time in with the preparation time.