Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
My neighbor makes this all the time and I love it. A neat way to have bread without heating up the oven (too much). Cook time includes rise time.
- Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda in large bowl.
- Heat milk and water until warm but do not boil.
- Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in rest of flour.
- Grease 2 glass, 8-inch loaf pans, sprinkle each with cornmeal.
- Divide batter into two equal parts and carefully place in pans.
- Place pans in large rectangle with water.
- Place in oven one warm (200°F).
- Let rise 35-45 minutes or until dough rises to top of pan.
- Place in microwave (one loaf pan at a time) and bake on High for 6 1/2 minutes.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and slice.
- Wrap in foil and store in freezer.
Surprinsingly good. Moist and soft. I almost put it in the oven, but glad I followed the recipe.
This is so easy and so good; why have I not done this before??? Who knew that bread could be so easy and quick? My roommate and I recommend toasting slices before eating. The english muffin flavor didn't come through really really strongly but it's certainly a nice, fluffy white bread.
This is so good. I did not have 2 microwave baking dishes so I used a silicone bunt pan. My microwave is very powerful, so I only had to cook the whole thing for about 7 min. The flavor is great. I am going to slice and freeze it so I can have it for a quick breakfast. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. :)