My neighbor makes this all the time and I love it. A neat way to have bread without heating up the oven (too much). Cook time includes rise time.
- Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda in large bowl.
- Heat milk and water until warm but do not boil.
- Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in rest of flour.
- Grease 2 glass, 8-inch loaf pans, sprinkle each with cornmeal.
- Divide batter into two equal parts and carefully place in pans.
- Place pans in large rectangle with water.
- Place in oven one warm (200°F).
- Let rise 35-45 minutes or until dough rises to top of pan.
- Place in microwave (one loaf pan at a time) and bake on High for 6 1/2 minutes.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and slice.
- Wrap in foil and store in freezer.