This becomes a healthier dish by microwaving instead of frying the eggplant (eggplant is like a sponge and quickly soaks up the cooking oil). This recipe has good flavor but if you think you would miss not having meat, you could add some cooked ground beef (about 1/2lb) as one of the layers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel eggplant.
- 2Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 3In shallow bowl, mix egg with milk.
- 4Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl and mix in the basil, oregano and garlic.
- 5Dip eggplant slices first into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- 6Arrange half of the eggplant on a 10 inch microwaveable plate lined with paper towels.
- 7Microwave, uncovered, on HI for about 4 minutes.
- 8Repeat with remaining eggplant.
- 9Spread 1/4 cup spagetti sauce in an 8 inch square microwaveable baking dish.
- 10Layer half of the eggplant, half of the mozzarella and half of the remaining sauce in dish.
- 11Repeat layers.
- 12Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 13Microwave, covered, on HI for about 4 minutes then at 50% for 10 minutes.
- 14Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.8
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 1225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 24.4 g