1/4 Photos of Microwave Egg Frittata
Random Rachel's Note:
Spinach, bacon, cheese and tomatoes float in a fluffy frittata thats ready in just 3 minutes! My husband and I started the south beach diet and got tired of plain eggs and bacon after a few days. You can put almost anything into this to make it your own--we also like mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomato juice, ham, cheddar cheese, or even the eggs alone. I have it listed as a single recipe because it's more fun to choose your own veggie combination, but if you want to make it double sized, the microwave time increases to 6 1/2 minutes for a 3 cup round container, and up to 8 minutes for an 8x8-inch Pyrex.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a microwave safe cereal sized bowl with the Pam.
- 2Wash the spinach, pat it dry, remove the stems, and tear it into edible sized pieces. (1/2 cup is my guess, I usually just grab a small fistful.) Toss into bottom of bowl.
- 3Either slice or dice the tomato and toss it inches Likewise with the bacon. Throw the cheese on top of that. (you can change any of the veggies to suit your tastes).
- 4Beat the two eggs and milk in a separate cup lightly with a fork, pour over the mess in the bottom of the bowl (a lot of the stuff will float, especially the spinach and bacon). Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- 5Microwave on high for 3 minutes. (I don't know how many watts my microwave is--let it cook for about 20 seconds after the center puffs up even with the rest, and it should be done) Avoid overcooking or it will form a yucky crust of crunchy egg. The sooner you eat it, the fluffier it is. After 15 minutes of sitting, it will be cold, and about half of the size it was coming out of the microwave. I don't recommend letting it sit that long.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Egg Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 435.5 mg
- Sodium 868.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 38.8 g