Ransomed by Fire's Note:
I found this recipe at www.cookingforengineers.com. One bowl, one ingredient, fifteen minutes, and you're done! But don't forget the oven mitts. I've heard this stuff can be like napalm!
My Private Note
cup (ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour sweetened condensed milk into a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Microwave on MEDIUM for two minutes.
- 3CAREFULLY remove from microwave and whisk. (I did this using two oven mitts to move the bowl, un-mitted my left hand to hold the whisk, and used my right hand, still in the mitt, to steady the bowl as I whisked.).
- 4Return to microwave and repeat, heating two minutes at a time and whisking until mixture looks curdled.
- 5Remove from microwave and whisk again for a dulce de leche sauce.
- 6For a candy texture repeat cooking and stirring one more time.
- 7Cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Dulce De Leche
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g