Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe at www.cookingforengineers.com. One bowl, one ingredient, fifteen minutes, and you're done! But don't forget the oven mitts. I've heard this stuff can be like napalm!
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk, plus
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (or just use one 14 oz. can)
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on MEDIUM for two minutes.
- CAREFULLY remove from microwave and whisk. (I did this using two oven mitts to move the bowl, un-mitted my left hand to hold the whisk, and used my right hand, still in the mitt, to steady the bowl as I whisked.).
- Return to microwave and repeat, heating two minutes at a time and whisking until mixture looks curdled.
- Remove from microwave and whisk again for a dulce de leche sauce.
- For a candy texture repeat cooking and stirring one more time.
- Cool and serve.