Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is an Emeril Lagasse recipe for microwave brownies. They are simple and delicious. You can use any flavor chips for variation.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In an 8-inch square glass baking dish, place the butter and chocolate and microwave on high until melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar and stir well to combine.
- Sift the flour and salt into the chocolate mixture and add the eggs, whisking until smooth, scraping around the sides to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add the vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and microwave on high until set and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 4 1/2 to 5 minutes.
- NOTE: Cooking times may vary, depending upon the strength of the microwave.
Made these as written. Microwaved for 5 minutes in a 1300 watt microwave, and they came out perfectly. Makes about 5/8"-thick brownies in an 8x8 in. pan. More fudge than cake, but an excellent last-minute snack for brownie cravings.
This does NOT (!!!!!!) work. Don't even try. Followed instructions completely, and what do I end up with?!?!?!?!? A freaking gooey mess in my microwave! It was EVERYwhere. Even though I used a cover, it still came out sloppy, and overall just gross! This recipe did not work, so much I said it twice, DO NOT TRY IT!!!! >:C
I made these yesterday on a whim. More out of curiosity. Everyone loved them. I did use milk chocolate chips thats all I had and a little butterscotch chips. These will be great for a last minute snack to pack in lunches or when my husband says there is nothing to snack on. Thanks so much for posting!