Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These make a quart of pickles at a time. Quick and easy. These pickles are set up in the refrigerator.
- 946.0 ml small cucumbers or 0 inch sliced cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- 3.69 ml dried dill (I actually used fresh)
- 0.59 ml turmeric
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- 354.88 ml water
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 9.85 ml salt
- Use a 1 quart canning jar and fill with cucumbers, 1 clove garlic, 3/4 teaspoon dried dill, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric and 1 hot pepper if using.
- Use a 4 cup microwave safe glass bowl and add 1 1/2 cups of water, 1/2 cup cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons salt. Place in microwave for 4 minutes (until it boils).
- Remove liquid from microwave, pour it over the cucumbers in the jar. Make sure the cucumbers are covered with liquid. If not, add water to cover.
- Use a piece of plastic wrap to loosely cover the jar. Microwave for 3 minutes. Place the cap on the jar and let cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator. Pickles should be ready to eat when cold.