Adapted from an old cookbook on Microwave cooking. Very elegant for a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the tough bottom ends of the asparagus and discard.
- 2Cut off the tips of the asparagus and set into a bowl; set aside a few of them for garnishing later.
- 3Chop the stalks of the asparagus into small, bite sized pieces and add to the bowl of asparagus tips.
- 4Place butter in a heavy, deep round microwaveable dish (such as a white Corningware casserole) and let it melt on HIGH for approximately 1 minute, or until melted.
- 5Add the onion and aspargus tips& spears to the butter, cover, and cook on HIGH for about 4-5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- 7Next, pour in the broth and add the chives, stir, recover, and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring 3 times during this process.
- 8Asparagus should be very tender- if not, return for 2 more minutes, stir, test again, repeat if needed.
- 9Remove from microwave (wear oven mits) and puree using a wand blender (or use your regular blender).
- 10Add cream, lemon juice, and seasonings to taste.
- 11Get the asparagus tips you set aside for the garnish and put them into the microwave, in a microwave safe dish, for just about 2 minutes or so- just enough to blanch them so they aren't so raw tasting.
- 12Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with an asparagus tip before serving.
- 13NOTE: Since microwaves vary greatly, there may be some variations in the cooking times depending upon your microwave.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Creamy Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 779.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g