- 1 1⁄2 cups slice fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart casserole combine mushrooms, onion and butter.
- Microwave at High 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring after half the time to coast with butter.
- Blend in flour.
- Stir in water and bouillon granules.
- Microwave at High 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring 2 or 3 times during cooking.
- Blend in cheese, white pepper, half and half and wine.
- Microwave at High 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated and cheese melts.