Recipe by tinatinatina
Fast and easy. Eat it hot like oatmeal or wait till it cools to slice and fry.
Top Review by Nuclear Chef
Cornmeal mush is an excellent breakfast, but I'm the only one eating it, so I just make the one serving in the microwave. The key to making this in te microwave is to stir at the right time and use a medium sized bowl. Covering a paper towel works, too. All microwaves are different, but here's what I do: 1. Stir after mixing in bowl 2. Stir after a minute (it will be very thin but uniform at this point, the meal tends to start to lump at the bottom at this point, too, so it is ideal to stir first at this point) 3. Stir after another minute (it should be getting to a good thickness and I stop here usually) 4. Stir in 30 second intervals if you want thicker mush. Keep in mind that it thickens after cooling off for a minute, too. I don't think the nutritional value calculated here is correct as the Aunt Jemima's cornmeal has more nutritional value than what is indicated here. This is a tasty, substantial, and healthy breakfast.
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a 2 quart round bottomed bowl. Place all ingredients in the bowl and cover top with plastic wrap.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes. Remove and stir with fork.
- Replace plastic wrap and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove and stir.
- Replace plastic wrap and cook for 1 more minute.
- Mix in desire seasoning then its hot and ready to eat!