Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Avoid heating up the oven when you quickly want some fresh cornbread with dinner; this is best served warm. It's also perfect when you quickly need some cornbread to make a stuffing.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl; stir in oil.
- Beat milk and eggs together, then mix with dry ingredients.
- Pour into a six-cup plastic ring mold.
- Microwave on High for four to five minutes.
- Let rest five minutes before removing from ring mold.
Needed to make some cornbread in a hurry to go with dinner one night so I gave this a whirl. It is an acceptable recipe, however I prefer it cooked in the oven and a little crispier around the edges. This would be great to use in stuffing or for another use where you aren't just eating it with butter. Definately quick and oh so easy! Anyway it worked for the meal that night. Thanks for sharing Lennie.
I think I cooked it too long, it was very dry
This did not set well after resting, so I had to give it 8 more minutes on high. This is sufficient if you need cornbread for dressing.