Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fast stuffed Better Homes and Garden onion side dish. I discovered it when the stack of cookbooks fell on my head literally and this was one of the last books I was going to put away. So until I refine my version here is the original:
- 6 medium sweet onions
- 12 ounces frozen corn and peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1 cup sharp American cheese, shredded
- Peel and hollow the onions.
- Chop centers to make one cup.
- Fill the shell with corn/pepper and save the rest.
- Place in an 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Microwave, covered 12 minutes. If you do not have a turn table in the oven, rotate once.
- Set aside.
- In 4 cup glass bowl nuke the onion and butter until tender about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the soup, cheese and the rest of the corn/pepper mix.
- Nuke 1 minute uncovered.
- Remove and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the sauce over the onions and nuke for about 4 more minutes or until heated through.