Six minutes until hot steamy corn on the cob...and you don't even have to shuck the corn before cooking!
- Snip the silk from the top of the ear.
- For one unshucked ear, place in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Rotate the cob one quarter turn and microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Turn the cob again and microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and run briefly under cool water.
- Shuck the ear (the silk comes off easily now).
- The time will have to be increased for more than one ear.
- If making the corn ahead of time, store the cooked unshucked ears in a brown bag until ready to serve.
- Serve with salt and melted butter or compound butters made with butter, garlic and herbs.