Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe will serve about 3 people, I most always double all amounts and cook for 11-12 minutes --- give this a try using fresh cooked corn off the cob or well drained canned corn niblets may also be used :)
Top Review by B H.
How on earth do these few, extra ingredients to this corn make it so incredible? I was skeptical about using fennel and infusing this corn w/ a licorice taste, but this recipe is much more sophisticated than 'licorice'. This is quite simply a HUGE surprise to the tastebuds.
- 1 small green onion (about 1/4-1/3 cup)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or more to suit taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt, or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)