This recipe is from today's Thursday magazine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar (flavoured with cardamom)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon mango essence
- 3 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder, mixed with
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1Sift the flours and cornflour into a small bowl.
- 2Keep aside.
- 3In another large bowl, cream butter with sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- 4Place the large bowl on top of a bowl containing ice cubes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, and beat at speed 1 of the electric beater until the mixture is uniform.
- 6Evenly sprinkle and mix raisins, cherries, cashew pieces, mango essence and coffee solution.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Fold the flour mixture into it.
- 9Line a baking glassware with a greased, grease proof paper.
- 10Spoon the baking mixture into the bakeware, so that the mixture does not fill in, more than half its height.
- 11Bake in dual convection mode by setting temperature to 180C (350F) in a preheated oven for 36 minutes.
- 12Cool the cake and remove onto a wire rack.
- 13Remove the greaseproof paper.
- 14Place the cake on a serving tray.
- 15Cover it with a mixture of icing sugar and orange juice.
- 16Sprinkle colourful gems.
- 17Chill in refrigerator until the icing is firm.
- 18Serve chilled slice alongwith hot tea.
- 19Note:1 For a tasty variation, use melted white chocolate instead of icing sugar-juice mixture.
- 202 For a soft cake top, bake for 32 minutes but for a crispy finish, bake for 36 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Coffee Jewel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.9
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 369.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 75.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: