Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 36 mins
This recipe is from today's Thursday magazine!
Make and share this Microwave Coffee Jewel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup cashew pieces
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar (flavoured with cardamom)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon mango essence
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder, mixed with
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Sift the flours and cornflour into a small bowl.
- Keep aside.
- In another large bowl, cream butter with sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- Place the large bowl on top of a bowl containing ice cubes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat at speed 1 of the electric beater until the mixture is uniform.
- Evenly sprinkle and mix raisins, cherries, cashew pieces, mango essence and coffee solution.
- Mix well.
- Fold the flour mixture into it.
- Line a baking glassware with a greased, grease proof paper.
- Spoon the baking mixture into the bakeware, so that the mixture does not fill in, more than half its height.
- Bake in dual convection mode by setting temperature to 180C (350F) in a preheated oven for 36 minutes.
- Cool the cake and remove onto a wire rack.
- Remove the greaseproof paper.
- Place the cake on a serving tray.
- Cover it with a mixture of icing sugar and orange juice.
- Sprinkle colourful gems.
- Chill in refrigerator until the icing is firm.
- Serve chilled slice alongwith hot tea.
- Note:1 For a tasty variation, use melted white chocolate instead of icing sugar-juice mixture.
- 2 For a soft cake top, bake for 32 minutes but for a crispy finish, bake for 36 minutes.