Recipe by Confetti
I haven't tried these yet. I've never 'baked' anything in the microwave before and cooking a large batch of muffins for two never works out well. Let me know how they work!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare topping and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in butter; add egg and milk.
- Stir until ingredients are blended; batter will be soft.
- Line 6 microwavable muffin-pan cups with double paper liners. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into each cup.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the topping over batter.
- Spoon batter over topping, filling cups about half full.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the topping over batter, pressing into the batter.
- Microwave at high (100%) 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Rotate dish half turn halfway through cooking. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure.
- Prepare icing and drizzle over warm muffins.
- In small bowl combine 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Add 1 tablespoon melted butter, stirring until mixture resembles moist crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla, stirring until smooth.