I haven't tried these yet. I've never 'baked' anything in the microwave before and cooking a large batch of muffins for two never works out well. Let me know how they work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2Prepare topping and set aside.
- 3In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Pour in butter; add egg and milk.
- 5Stir until ingredients are blended; batter will be soft.
- 6Line 6 microwavable muffin-pan cups with double paper liners. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into each cup.
- 7Sprinkle 1/4 of the topping over batter.
- 8Spoon batter over topping, filling cups about half full.
- 9Sprinkle 1/4 of the topping over batter, pressing into the batter.
- 10Microwave at high (100%) 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Rotate dish half turn halfway through cooking. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure.
- 12Prepare icing and drizzle over warm muffins.
- 14In small bowl combine 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 15Add 1 tablespoon melted butter, stirring until mixture resembles moist crumbs.
- 17In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla, stirring until smooth.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Coffee Cake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 230.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g