bevs kitchen's Note:
This recipe has been tried and tested by my friends, family and work mates. They never expect it to work as traditional dumpling take hours of steaming. This takes about 10 minutes. Tastes authentic or I would not use it, or be asked for copies of it, so often. Very quick and easy. A cheats delight.
My Private Note
large d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into a heavy pan place the following ingredients; water, spices, fruit, sugar, butter and treacle.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute only; remove from the heat.
- 3Stir the eggs, flour, and bicarbonate of soda into the mixture. It will appear to start cooking the mixture. Do not worry.
- 4Put mixture into pudding basins which have been lined generously with cling wrap. Wrap should flap over the sides of the basin; tap to get rid of air pockets.
- 5Place into the microwave for about 7 minutes. Do not cover the top with the cling wrap.
- 6Each microwave is different and, depending on size and power, you will have to use your own judgement.
- 7They are ready when a skewer comes out clean and feels firm on top.
- 8Now it's up to you. Play around with the sizes and make individual ones (approximately 2 or 3 minutes) or play about with the fillings.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Clootie Dumpling
Serving Size: 1 (1391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3562.8
- Calories from Fat 1758
- Total Fat 195.4 g
- Saturated Fat 41.5 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 3575.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 420.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 125.4 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: