Recipe by Ozemum
This recipe comes from a Christmas book published by the Australian Womens Weekly, they say that "Heres a wonderfull marriage of modern microwave technology and an old fashioned process. The Christmas microwave pudding below tasted and looks good, but only takes 35minutes to cook. This pudding can be made ahead, in the refrigerator for a week, or in the freezer for 2 months"
- 125 g butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon parisian spice essence
- 250 g dried mixed fruit
- 110 g canned pie apples
- 110 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 70 g stale breadcrumbs
- 60 ml sweet sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 1.5Litre/6 cup capacity microwave safe bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well between additions.
- Beat in the golden syrup and essence.
- Stir in fruit, pie apples, sifted flour and spices, bread crumbs and sherry.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared bowl. Cook, uncovered, on Low 30% for about 35 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Stand for 15 before serving.