Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a Christmas book published by the Australian Womens Weekly, they say that "Heres a wonderfull marriage of modern microwave technology and an old fashioned process. The Christmas microwave pudding below tasted and looks good, but only takes 35minutes to cook. This pudding can be made ahead, in the refrigerator for a week, or in the freezer for 2 months"
- Grease a 1.5Litre/6 cup capacity microwave safe bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well between additions.
- Beat in the golden syrup and essence.
- Stir in fruit, pie apples, sifted flour and spices, bread crumbs and sherry.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared bowl. Cook, uncovered, on Low 30% for about 35 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Stand for 15 before serving.
I have been making this Christmas pudding for many years. It is easy and delicous and presents just like the real thing!