Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 236.59 ml butter
- 354.88 ml Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- In large mixer bowl, mix butter, oats, flour, brown sugar, eggs, walnuts and vanilla.
- Beat 3 minutes at medium speed or until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Spread batter into 8" square microwave-safe dish; cover dish with wax paper.
- Cook on HIGH power 4 minutes; rotate dish 1/4 turn.
- Cook on HIGH power 4 to 5 minutes longer or until top of cake appears dry and bottom is an even color.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels over top of warm cake.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly over cake.
- Cool directly on countertop.
- Cut into serving pieces.
this didn't turn out like a cake at all but it was pretty good esp considering how easy it is and it doesn't heat up the kitchen! i just dumped everything in my mixer and turned it on. used 1/2 butter shortening and 1/2 margine - all i had on hand. i really had my doubts when i put it in the microwave and realized there was no baking soda or powder or anything but turned out much better than i expected. it's more like a oatmeal chocolate chip bar type cookie than a cake which is fine w/ me. i skipped the nuts and only had one cup of chocolate chips so i didn't melt them on top which turned out fine. also, all the chips sank towards the bottom of the cake, maybe melting the ones on top will even out the chocolate flavor next time and make a nicer looking finished product. i also used quick oats which i'd definitely recommend. cooked it a total of 8 mins in my 1000w microwave w/ a turn table.