Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
Last summer our oven broke and I spent a lot of time looking for microwave recipes. I found this on the web and it is pretty good. Nice and chocolately!
- Mix all ingredients but the chocolate chips in a bowl and beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into an 8 inch glass dish (or other microwave dish).
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave at high for 8 to 9 minutes or until the top looks dry.
- If you don't have a part that rotates the dish then you need to rotate the dish a 1/4 turn after 4 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the microwave, take off the waxed paper, and sprinkle the rest of the chips on the top of the cake.
- Let them stand for 5-10 minutes or until they are melted.
- Spread them over the top of the cake.
- Let it cool and then cut it into squares.
This was very easy and turned out very good...chewy, sweet and cake like. I added 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of raisins and everything else the same. I used old-fashioned oats and think I would have liked quick oats better. I think my microwave is also 1000 watts also but mine took 12 minutes to cook. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
This was a lifesaver! my oven stopped working and I needed to bake a cake. I used 150 gr margarine in place of the 1 cup butter (220 gr), and I used only 2/3 cup brown sugar, and I used about 3 handfulls chocolate chips. I omitted the nuts as well, because of my toddler. The result was tasty, (like a chocolate chip cake - the oatmeal could harly be tasted) my toddler ate it happily. I found it still a little too sweet, next time I'll try 1/2 cup sugar. As it still had a greasy feel, I'll try using less margarine next time as well. I cooked it 6 minutes in my microwave. I didn't put chocolate chips on top, I poured some choclate syrup instead. It was awesome! Thanks for posting!
sorry..even the chocoalte on top couldn't save this enough for me, maybe I just don't like flavor of Microwave cakes. The people at the office obviously are it happily :)