Recipe by ladypit
Last summer our oven broke and I spent a lot of time looking for microwave recipes. I found this on the web and it is pretty good. Nice and chocolately!
Top Review by Engrossed
This was very easy and turned out very good...chewy, sweet and cake like. I added 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of raisins and everything else the same. I used old-fashioned oats and think I would have liked quick oats better. I think my microwave is also 1000 watts also but mine took 12 minutes to cook. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups raw oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients but the chocolate chips in a bowl and beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into an 8 inch glass dish (or other microwave dish).
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave at high for 8 to 9 minutes or until the top looks dry.
- If you don't have a part that rotates the dish then you need to rotate the dish a 1/4 turn after 4 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the microwave, take off the waxed paper, and sprinkle the rest of the chips on the top of the cake.
- Let them stand for 5-10 minutes or until they are melted.
- Spread them over the top of the cake.
- Let it cool and then cut it into squares.