Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
This makes a delicious brownie for one in about a minute. I used a 1500 watt microwave. 60 seconds makes a molten center brownie. 75 seconds make a uniformly done brownie. Careful not to overcook.
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml water
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- 59.16 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 59.16 ml all-purpose flour
- In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, butter, vanilla and dash of salt. Whisk well.
- Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Careful not to overcook.
- Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.
This is 5 stars with these corrections: switch the water out for milk and decrease the sugar & flour to 2T each instead of 4T.
Yum!! I tried it by the recipe first, then made some alterations... I used self raising flour instead of plain. Also, I halved the sugar to 2Tbs but I used 1Tbs white sugar, 1Tbs brown sugar which made it nice & fudgy :-) Cooked for 60sec in 1200w microwave :-)
I needed something quick & easy that didn't require the oven on this hot summer Friday night. Just wanted a little end-of-the-work-week treat. This fit the bill! It would have been great with ice cream but I also had limited ingredients so, again, this worked nicely. I got a little confused because the recipe ingredients call for melted butter but there is no mention of it in the recipe...then I noticed the directions called for "oil" ... which translated to melted butter, although it's not the term I would have used. Thanks for posting!