This microwave recipe for cake was demonstrated at a Tupperware party to showcase their microwave cookware. You don't need Tupperware's bundt pan to make this, but it must be micro safe and it must be a ring mold shape or the middle won't cook properly. It was really tasty and makes a nice snack cake, even if it isn't the prettiest looking cake I've ever made. The cherry pie filling makes it rather moist - and no, there is no butter or oil in this recipe.
- You will need a large plastic, microwave safe bundt pan or ring mold for this recipe.
- Do not follow directions on cake mix box- just dump the dry mix into a bowl and add the cherry pie filling and the eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the plastic bundt pan (I spray mine with nonstick baking spray first) and place in your microwave on HIGH for approximately 12 minutes- or until a toothpick comes out clean; NOTE: Older microwaves and those without a spinning base will probably require a bit longer cook time, and you will also need to rotate the pan 1/4 turn every 4 minutes or so for more even baking).
- Let cool upside down on a wire rack.
- Use a knife to help release the edges from the mold.