Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This microwave recipe for cake was demonstrated at a Tupperware party to showcase their microwave cookware. You don't need Tupperware's bundt pan to make this, but it must be micro safe and it must be a ring mold shape or the middle won't cook properly. It was really tasty and makes a nice snack cake, even if it isn't the prettiest looking cake I've ever made. The cherry pie filling makes it rather moist - and no, there is no butter or oil in this recipe.
- You will need a large plastic, microwave safe bundt pan or ring mold for this recipe.
- Do not follow directions on cake mix box- just dump the dry mix into a bowl and add the cherry pie filling and the eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the plastic bundt pan (I spray mine with nonstick baking spray first) and place in your microwave on HIGH for approximately 12 minutes- or until a toothpick comes out clean; NOTE: Older microwaves and those without a spinning base will probably require a bit longer cook time, and you will also need to rotate the pan 1/4 turn every 4 minutes or so for more even baking).
- Let cool upside down on a wire rack.
- Use a knife to help release the edges from the mold.
I agree with you, Heather. This cake is really moist and very tasty too. I've made it many times till date and it gets over within minutes :)
this is just so easy a child could make it! i cooked it for 13 1/2 minutes in the micro in a silicone bundt pan, turned it right over to the rack to cool, then topped it with confectioners sugar. it looked and tasted great and no one will ever know that you made it in under 20 minutes from start to finish!
I love this cake. I also had it at a tupperware party and forgot how many eggs to add. I am so thankful you posted it here. I also add almond extract- this is so easy and so moist! Thanks.