This was a saving grace for my husband who was craving dark chocolate one night. Low fat, and will definitely stop the cravings! Sauce can be drizzled for a topping or poured to make a pudding. My son also likes the sauce to make dairy-free milkshakes, and it's great to dip fruit in. Good hot or cold. Adaptions from healthwell.com and recipecottage.com Easy to adapt for all sorts of allergies or medical conditions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free for allergies, such as rice flour or a mixture of soy and rice, corn etc)
- 1/2-1 cup sugar (or to taste) or 1/2-1 cup maple syrup (or to taste) or 1/2-1 cup golden syrup (or to taste)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 -5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold water (rice or soy milk for allergies) or 1 cup cold brewed coffee (rice or soy milk for allergies) or 1 cup orange juice (rice or soy milk for allergies) or 1 cup milk (rice or soy milk for allergies)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring or 1 teaspoon almond flavoring or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons chocolate flavoring
- 1CAKE: Sift dry ingredients into a bowl (if using thick flour such as soy, it can work better if you sift twice) In another bowl mash banana and mix with liquid ingredients.
- 2Combine and stir both together till well blended.
- 3Pour into a lightly oiled microwave cake dish (I use a ring dish).
- 4Cook high heat (use turntable) 6 to 8 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 5SAUCE: In a bowl, mix a small amount of milk with cornstarch to create a paste.
- 6In a saucepan, combine cocoa, sugar/syrup and salt.
- 7Gradually add milk and cornstarch mix until smooth.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- 9Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until desired consistency.
- 10Stir in vanilla etc.
- 11If mixture needs to thicken, take some out of saucepan and mix with cornstarch.
- 12For Vegan do not use milk [dairy].
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Chocolate Banana Cake and Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: