Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this is a recipe i received from a friend so i'm not sure where it came from. very yummy!
Make and share this Microwave Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 150 g butter, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g ground hazelnut meal
- 2 eggs
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 125 ml cream
- 100 g hazelnuts, toasted
- cocoa, for dusting
- combine butter, sugar, water and jam into microwave jug. cover and microwave for 3 minutes on high(800watts). uncover and set aside.
- sift flour, cocoa and bicarb soda into a mixing bowl. stir in hazelnut meal.
- make a well in the middle and crack in the eggs. pour in the butter mixture and stir until combined (do not overbeat).
- poor mix into a lightly greased microwave cake container, elevate and microwave for 10 minutes on high(650watt). stand for 5 minutes and turn out. cool cake completely.
- to make ganache, place chocolate and cream into a microwave jug. microwave uncovered on high(800watts) for 1 1/2 minutes. remove and mix until smooth.
- cut cake in half horizontally and place half the ganache over the top of the bottom half. sandwhich layers together.
- spread the remaining ganache over the top and decorate with toasted hazelnuts and dust with cocoa.