Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Microwave Chicken Livers in Savory Mushroom Sauce for 2 recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver
- Place butter in 1 quart casserole.
- Microwave at High 30 to 45 seconds, or until melted.
- Add mushrooms and onion.
- Microwave at High 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring after half the time to coat with butter.
- Stir hot water, vermouth, Worcestershire sauce, flour, bouillon granules, oregano, basil, salt and pepper into mushrooms and onion.
- Microwave at high 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring once.
- Stir in chicken livers.
- Cover with wax paper.
- Reduce power to 50%.
- Microwave 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink, stirring after half the time (centers will be slightly pink).
- Let stand 5 minutes.