Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From scratch even, mmmm.
- 1 lb chicken piece (breasts, wings or legs)
- 2 cups water
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried savory, leaves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- In a 1-1/2 to 2-quart casserole combine chicken pieces, water, carrot, celery, salt and savory; cover.
- Microwave at High 18 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, turning pieces over and stirring broth 2 or 3 times during cooking.
- Skim fat.
- Remove chicken.
- Skin and bone chicken; cut into pieces.
- Return to soup; cover and set aside.
- In small bowl blend dumpling ingredients well.
- Drop by tablespoons onto soup; cover.
- Microwave at High 2 to 3 minutes, or until dumplings are light and springy to the touch and no longer doughy.