Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dinner- easy, hot, delicious, and on the table in 15 minutes! We like to eat this with rice to sop up the extra sauce. I'll start the broccoli thawing, then start the rice, assemble the casserole, cook it, put together a salad and I have a great dinner in no time.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli (or leftover cooked broccoli)
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, diced, sliced, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup American cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 -5 dashes paprika
- Place the broccoli in a colander and run under cold water to thaw if needed.
- Fill the bottom of a 2 quart glass casserole with the broccoli. Cover this layer with the chicken. (I use leftover chicken or turkey, or canned chicken, or even lunch meat.) Finally, cover the chicken with thinly sliced or grated cheese. (1 cup = about 8 slices of cheese.).
- In a bowl, mix milk, soup, lemon juice, and curry powder with a whisk. Pour this over the cheese.
- Microwave on High for about 8 minutes, turning the dish halfway through cooking time.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and the paprika. Microwave on High for another minute or two if desired.
- Note-You can also bake this at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, add the toppings, and bake 5 more minutes.