1/1 Photo of Microwave Chicken Cacciatore
This is one of the few main dishes I cook completely in the microwave. It's easy, delicious and simple to adapt to ingredients on hand. If I don't have spaghetti sauce, I substitute a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, along with some basil, oregano, and a bay leaf. You can also cut the chicken into strips or chunks, depending on your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces of sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1Combine celery, peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms with 1 T water and 1 T butter in a 2 quart microwave-safe dish.
- 2Cook uncovered on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring after every minute.
- 4Stir in spaghetti sauce, olives, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- 5Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- 6Slide chicken into casserole dish with other ingredients, turning to coat with sauce.
- 7Arrange with meatiest portions out towards the outside of the dish.
- 8Cover and cook 10-12 minutes on high, or until chicken is cooked through.
- 9Serve over hot pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 880.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 21.8 g