Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
A very yummy cake to make in the microwave for dessert.
- 825 g sweet cherries, drained and reserve syrup
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 150 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- Place reserved syrup and caster sugar in microwave jug. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon and cook for another 15 minutes on high. Remove cinnamon and cool.
- Grease and line a 20cm microwave cake tin.
- Place butter in microwave safe bowl. Cook on medium-low for 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar to butter and beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time. Stir in yoghurt and vanilla essence. Fold in flour.
- Pour cherries into mixture and fold through.
- Pour into prepared cake tin nd cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes then invert onto a plate and eat with vanilla ice-cream.