Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This crisp uses convenient pie filling and cooks in the microwave, so you can make it in no time! You can easily substitute different flavors of pie filling. From Quick Cooking Magazine.
Top Review by Merlot
We thoroughly enjoyed this quick and easy Cherry Crisp. After I microwaved it, I also added some thinly sliced butter on top of the dish and microwaved to for about 2 minutes. It turned out perfect and can't wait to make this lovely dish again....especially for company. It looks like you spent a lot of time on it when in fact, it couldn't be any easier. Thanks so much for sharing, Whatcha Cookin', Mom?
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, cold
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Yield: 4 servings.