Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
So easy and lowfat!! This is really pretty good and I make it about once a month. I cut the recipe in half sometimes, when it's just me eating it.
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2 qt microwave-safe dish, combine carrots and 2 tbls water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes longer until tender.
- Add broccoli.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes; stir.
- Cover and cook 1 1/2 - 2minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, boullion, salt and pepper; stir in remaining water until smooth.
- Pour over broccoli mixture.
- Cover and microwave on high for 11 minutes, STIRRING EVERY MINUTE until mixture boils and thickens. (Careful that it doesn't boil over).
- Stir in cheese until melted.