1/1 Photo of Microwave Cheese Sauce
Sue Lau's Note:
So easy and fast to make in the microwave, you won't believe it! Goes great on vegetables, baked potatoes, nacho chips, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large micro-wave safe glass bowl, heat butter for 50 seconds on high or until the butter is melted.
- 2Whisk together the butter, flour and milk.
- 3Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- 4Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes, whisking every 30 seconds or so, until sauce is thick and heated through.
- 5Season with salt, if desired, and whisk until blended.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.0
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 512.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 19.0 g