Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
Want cheese sauce for those vegetables? This is quick and easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- in a microwaveable bowl, melt butter 30 seconds. Stir in flour and salt and mix well.
- Add the milk and cook uncovered 2 minutes.
- Stir after one minute.
- Add cheese and stir til blended.
- Cook uncovered 2 minutes until creamy, stirring twice.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over hot vegetables.
I will have to try this again to see if I can give it 5 stars next time. I made this to serve over baked potatoes for my kids' lunch today, and it tasted pretty good. I didn't get much on my potato & broccoli however because the sauce overflowed all over my microwave greatly decreasing the amount of usable sauce. I used a 1 1/2 quart corningware casserole, and the sauce overflowed in the last step after I had cooked for 45 seconds, stirred, and cooked another 45 seconds. So next time I will use a very deep dish and see if the prevents the spillage.
Quick and easy ! Children finished all their vegetables using this sauce. Highly recommended !
this cheese sauce is super easy to make and very yummy. my kids love it. for a little spice i added cayenne pepper, red pepper, and chili powder to taste.