Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
I received this recipe from a lady in Egypt I play cards with on the internet. Tastes just as good made with margarine as it does with butter. WARNING- addictive!!!
- 1 bag of micro-wave popcorn
- 113.39 g margarine or 113.39 g butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml miniature marshmallow
- Pop the micro-wave popcorn and put in a bowl.
- Place margarine, brown sugar and marshmallows in microwave proof bowl; microwave for two minutes.
- Stir well and pour over popcorn.
this recipe was NOT what I had hoped for...I wanted something that would be crunchy like my oven caramel corn. However, it still was pleasant to eat, just very messy! It is more of a marshmellow popcorn than anything. I might make it again in a pinch, but oven caramel corn is still the best!
When I first tried to make this recipe, I didn't have marshmallows and it ended up wonderful! Today, I made it with the marshmallows and was very disappointed. I couldn't bear that much sugar. It was super sweet, all the kernels clustered and I didn't like it as much as when I just put melted butter and brown sugar on them.
I was looking for something quick and sweet to make for my kids and I for a sweet snack. This fit the bill!! I did cut the butter down 1/2 and the brown sugar down 1/2 and upped the marshmallows about 1/4 cup.....it was delicious! We almost didn't leave any for my husband......OOPS!