Recipe by SunshineNut
An easy way to make good sticky caramel popcorn. My family eats this often and it's a big hit around the holidays.
Top Review by Noo
A very simple and very sticky way to get a sweet fix.
My DD loved this, DS not so keen as it made his hands sticky (??).
A real kid pleaser...if they're not as freaky as my boy!!
Made for PAC Oct 2012.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup light Karo syrup (add a bit more if you like your caramel to stay sticky after it cools)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups air popped popcorn (I don't recommend microwave popcorn or popcorn with butter and salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop popcorn and set aside in large bowl. You may want to adjust popcorn depending on the amount of caramel you want on your popcorn.
- Place butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl.
- Place in microwave and heat on high for 2 minutes. Stir thoroughly until butter is completely mixed. Heat on high for an additional 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add baking soda and vanilla extract; stir until the mixture becomes somewhat fluffy. Be careful -- it's hot!
- Pour over air popped popcorn. Toss popcorn to coat.