Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy way to make good sticky caramel popcorn. My family eats this often and it's a big hit around the holidays.
- Pop popcorn and set aside in large bowl. You may want to adjust popcorn depending on the amount of caramel you want on your popcorn.
- Place butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl.
- Place in microwave and heat on high for 2 minutes. Stir thoroughly until butter is completely mixed. Heat on high for an additional 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add baking soda and vanilla extract; stir until the mixture becomes somewhat fluffy. Be careful -- it's hot!
- Pour over air popped popcorn. Toss popcorn to coat.
A very simple and very sticky way to get a sweet fix.
My DD loved this, DS not so keen as it made his hands sticky (??).
A real kid pleaser...if they're not as freaky as my boy!!
Made for PAC Oct 2012.