Recipe by happynana
Easy way to fix caramel popcorn.
Top Review by enestvmel
5 stars just on simple alone...I used a half batch, because that's how much popcorn I had. I made the popcorn and the caramel corn in about 10 minutes...how easy is that?! I did want to pass along since I was forced to improvise. I had all the popcorn ready and realized I didn't have any corn syrup in the pantry. I used honey instead and it still tastes good. It does taste different from what you're used to caramel corn tasting, but not bad. I added a pinch of cinnamon to take some of the sweet taste off of the honey. Helped some. Good way to avoid corn syrup if you're into that.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- brown paper bag
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Put popped popcorn in large brown paper bag.
- Mix together butter, sugar and white syrup in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 - 4 minutes, uncovered. Microwaves can vary so please watch closely.
- Remove and stir.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes longer.
- Remove and stir in baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn, stirringwith a wooden spoon.
- Fold bag and place in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high.
- Remove and shake well.
- Return to microwave for 1/2 minute on high.
- Shake and remove.