Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy way to fix caramel popcorn.
Make and share this Microwave Caramel Popcorn recipe from Food.com.
- Put popped popcorn in large brown paper bag.
- Mix together butter, sugar and white syrup in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 - 4 minutes, uncovered. Microwaves can vary so please watch closely.
- Remove and stir.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes longer.
- Remove and stir in baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn, stirringwith a wooden spoon.
- Fold bag and place in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high.
- Remove and shake well.
- Return to microwave for 1/2 minute on high.
- Shake and remove.
5 stars just on simple alone...I used a half batch, because that's how much popcorn I had. I made the popcorn and the caramel corn in about 10 minutes...how easy is that?! I did want to pass along since I was forced to improvise. I had all the popcorn ready and realized I didn't have any corn syrup in the pantry. I used honey instead and it still tastes good. It does taste different from what you're used to caramel corn tasting, but not bad. I added a pinch of cinnamon to take some of the sweet taste off of the honey. Helped some. Good way to avoid corn syrup if you're into that.
Really delicious caramel corn! The only problem I had was with heating the sugar mixture 4 minutes is WAY TO LONG in my microwave! I could smell the burning after about 2 1/2 minutes, so had to remake it and watch it VERY CLOSELY!!! I would maybe suggest in the directions that all microwaves vary so up to 4 minutes depending on your microwave. Once I had cleaned up the mess and redid the caramel, it was a breeze to make and like a breeze left the bowl! Thanks happynana! Made for Spring 2009 PAC