Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the most delicious tasting fudge, and so easy to make, just mix, and microwave, no need to use a candy thermometer for this just make sure to cook the fudge mixture for the full 15 minutes that's what gives this fudge it's flavour and texture. Since this makes a thin layer of fudge, I sometimes make two separate batches and stack them on top of each other to make a thicker layer ---- well many mixed reviews so I am guessing that every microwave heats differently for me I always have great results!
Top Review by Peggy N.
Wish I had read the reviews before I tried to make this. I experienced the kitchen full of smoke, Black tar bubbling mess. So much for easy. Next one I'm making is going to be on the stove top. Being on a fixed income doesn't allow for many mistakes especially during Christmas time.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave-safe glass bowl (8-cup Pyrex measuring cup works well) with a spoon mix together whipping cream, white sugar and brown sugar just until combined; microwave at high for 15 minutes stirring, using a wooden spoon at half time (note: it is important that the mixture cooks in the microwave for the full 15 mins).
- Remove from microwave (careful the bowl is HOT!).
- Add butter and vanilla; with a spoon, mix well for about 1 minute.
- Add chopped nuts (if using) mix.
- Pour into a buttered 8 x 8-in square baking pan (or a smaller pan).
- Refrigerate for 2 or more hours before cutting into small squares.