Recipe by AmyZoe
This is a recipe I got in high school home economics, and it's still the fastest and tastiest caramel corn recipe. It is similar to the recipes posted, but not exact so I'm posting this recipe as well. Keep in mind, you can use microwave popcorn if you prefer...I still prefer popcorn popped on the stove.
Top Review by GrammyP
I have used this same recipe for more years than I care to admit to ;-)
I do my pop-corn in an air popper. The only thing I will add is that I have learned to spray the inside of my paper grocery bag with Pam or similar spray, to keep all the carmel on the pop-corn & dump out easier...YUMMY & FAST
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 quarts popped popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 3 1/2 quarts of popped popcorn in a double paper bag.
- Microwave sugar, corn syrup, and butter for 2 minutes on high (may vary with your microwave--keep in mind this is an older recipe).
- Add baking soda and vanilla to mixture and stir.
- Dump mixture into popcorn and shake vigorously.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes on high.
- Shake vigorously and microwave 1 1/2 more minutes.
- Shake vigorously and dump onto 2 cookie sheets.
- Cool and enjoy.