Top Review by Darling Nikki
I'm writing another review b/c we made this again this year and found the carmel corn to be stale, soft and chewy after cooling. We found another recipe online that mentioned baking @ 200F for an hour, mixing every 15 minutes an then cooling on baking racks. The corn crisped right up and is perfect!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 quarts popcorn, popped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, butter, syrup, and salt in a bowl.
- Microwave till boiling, then
- microwave 2 minutes longer.
- Mix in baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popcorn that is placed in a brown paper bag and shake vigorously.
- Microwave 30 seconds, take out of microwave, and shake. Microwave 1 minute, take out, and shake. Microwave 1 more minute and shake. Pour out on a baking pan.