1/4 Photos of Microwave Caramel Corn
Shannon 24's Note:
This is a great recipe for caramel corn. It is quick and easy. The corn turns out soooo good! I always make it for gifts at Christmas. It is from the Joy of Microwaving Cookbook. (The peanuts are optional and I have never added them).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place butter or margarine in a 8 cup measure or large microwavable bowl.
- 2Microwave at high for 30-45 seconds, or until melted.
- 3Stir in brown sugar, peanuts(optional) and corn syrup.
- 4Insert candy thermometer.
- 5Microwave at high for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture reaches 280 degrees (soft crack stage). (Note- this is where the mixture can overcook - so watch carefully).
- 6Mix in vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- 7Place prepared popcorn in large bowl.
- 8Pour hot mixture quickly over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- 9Microwave at high for 2 minutes, stirring after half the time.
- 10Stir again. Cool for about 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally to break apart.
- 11I find it helpful, to spread caramel corn on a cookie sheet to cool. It cools much faster and is easier to break apart.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Caramel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 143.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g