Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
My older daughter came home from school with this recipe, and it has been in our collection of recipes ever since.
- 78.07 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 14.79 ml water
- 226.79 g can refrigerated biscuits
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- Combine brown sugar, butter and water in glass pie plate.
- Microwave on medium until butter is melted (30 sec.).
- Stir and add nuts to dish. (optional).
- Separate biscuits on wax paper and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Add the biscuits to the sugar mixture.
- Stir to coat each piece.
- Push biscuits away from the center of the pie plate and then set a custard cup in the middle of the plate open end up.
- Microwave on a medium setting for 5 to 5-1/2 minutes or until the biscuits are no longer doughy.
- Let stand 2-minutes. Twist custard cup to remove it.
- Invert biscuit ring onto a serving plate and enjoy!
I followed Diner524's lead on this! I did exactly what she did plus I added cinnamon powder like she suggested and this worked GREAT! Tastes very much like a cinnamon bun! I have a photo, but this site won't allow it to upload for some reason...but I'll keep trying! =)
I made mine a bit different, based on the first reviewers comments/results!! I took a glass pie plate and added the butter, then microwaved it for 40 seconds. I then added the brown sugar and the biscuits, topped with the pecans. Instead of microwaving it I chose to bake it for 10 mins in the oven. I had wonderful sweet and crunchy biscuit bites!!! Next time I might even add some cinnamon to the butter and brown sugar. My rating is based on chosing to bake and thus my results!! Thanks for sharing a quick and tasty biscuits Acadia!! Made for potluck tag!!
For taste and easy of making this is a great quick breakfast. It is not brown or crunchy like my kids like their biscuits (because of the microwave). I do not have one but maybe with a browning microwave the color would be improved. Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.