Prep 7 mins
Cook 4 mins
A quick, easy, very yummy recipe. Kids love 'em.
- 4 cups quick oatmeal, dry
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white syrup
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Mix first five ingredients and put in a 9x13 inch glass pan.
- Microwave 3 1/2- 4 minutes on high, turning every minute or bake for 15 minutes at 350F in the oven.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave, and spread the mixture on top of the oatmeal.
- Cut into bars.
These are yummy! I also used light corn syrup, not knowing what white syrup is. And I made individual bites by using a mini muffin tin with liners. When I added the chocolate/pb to the top, I also added an m&m to each one. The oatmeal texture was not my DD's favorite, but DH said they're "good" and ate 4! - Just changed my rating from 4 stars to 5 - they are even tastier the next day after being in the fridge overnight. I can't stop eating them!
This recipe is so easy to make! I used dark chocolate chips. I also used white chips with the peanut butter and just plain old peanut butter chips. Any way you make it still comes out delicious! Thank littleturtle for such a great recipe! I plan to take these on our long trip for a great snack! I baked mine for 30 minutes.
These tasted fab - but a bit hard to serve elegantly - mine were a bit all over the place.But this did not alter taste and they were consumed with gusto by all. I was unsure what white syrup was and used Caro corn syrup and I really like the saltiness of the peanut butter with the sweetness of the base - there will be requests to do these again so thanks to littleturtle.