Recipe by myslys
From Ham on the Streets
Top Review by Pale Rose
These aren't quite the same quality as your traditional oven-baked brownies, but they aren't too bad either! They tasted a little overcooked when I microwaved them for 5 minutes, so anyone trying this recipe in the future might want to check the brownies after 3-4 minutes.
This recipe was really fast and easy to make. It is a great recipe if you need a dessert fast (last minute potluck, unexpected guests...), or if you simply don't want to use your oven (such as during the hottest days of summer). Thank you!
Tagged for Bargain Basement Tag Game - December 2010.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the butter and chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds to melt the chocolate. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- In a large bowl sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add the egg and chocolate mixtures along with the vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Spray an 8 by 8 by-2-inch microwave safe glass pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan, spread it out evenly, and scatter the chocolate chunks on top. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 3 minutes before cutting and eating.