Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An adjusted recipe from Simple & Delicious Dec. 2006.
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 6 ounces process American cheese (ex. Velveeta)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Microwave rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Place butter in a microwave safe 3 qt dish; cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Add the broccoli, cheese, onion, red pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2-4 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the soup, chicken and rice.
- Cover and microwave at 70% power for 2 minutes or until heated through.
This turned out great! Quick and nice to be able to make something in the microwave when it's so hot.