Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty broccoli and rice side dish made in the microwave.
Make and share this Microwave Broccoli and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 teaspoons butter, cut up
- 3⁄4 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a bowl, combine the water, rice, butter, bouillon and pepper.
- Top with broccoli florets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
I like how quickly this side dish comes together. I agree with the previous review that it does need something else...maybe a dash of lemon juice or something to perk it up. I would make this again, thanks for the recipe.
This is a good rice recipe to do during weeknights when we have to hurry up. There is something missing. Maybe add more seasoning or more chicken bouillon granules would be better. I doubled the recipe easily. And it cooked for about 7-8 minutes. Thanks Bonnette :) Made for PLease Review My Recipe.