Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is quick and easy and makes one serving. If you're in the mood for eggs, but are tired of the same boring scrambled or over-easy, then this is for you! I got this from an about.com site: http://southernfood.about.com/od/breakfastcasserolerecipes/r/bl00804h.htm
- Combine all ingredients in a 6-inch microwave-safe serving bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, then poke a few small perforations in the top to vent.
- Cook on MEDIUM HIGH, or 80% power, for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, turn dish a half-turn.
- Let stand, covered, for 30 seconds to finish cooking.
- Serve with fresh fruit or fruit juice.
- You can prepare this the night before, refrigerate for the night, then pop it in the microwave in the morning. Cook for a little longer if it has been refrigerated.
This is a good microwave recipe. For those trying it, remember microwaves have different powers. The wattage on my is around 1200, so at 4-1/2 minutes at 80% power this dish was overdone. I think next time I will stop at 3-1/2 minutes. Seasoning was perfect for the size of this dish. I used wheat bread, 1 lg egg and skim milk. Did not use the optional Worcestershire sauce. All other ingredients were used. This would be a fun dish to play around with the meats. Maybe a chopped up beef breakfast patty or sausage patty. I like cheese so I could see me using a spicy mexican style pepper jack or sharp cheddar in this recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game 2010.